Mixed Up is an innovative mixed media website aimed at crafters. Our mixed media learning zone is interactive, and searchable. Almost all of the tutorials, and most of the downloads and discounts we offer, are exclusive to subscribers.
Each new article is presented in a format that’s easy to read on-screen. Some of our articles include video tutorials, others have PDF files you can download and keep. The content is fully searchable, by category, tag or keyword, so if you are looking for something specific, there’s no need to trawl through back issues.
Content is drip-fed, so you get inspiration every week. And if your mojo needs a kick, there’s lots of archived content to look through for ideas.
We aim to bring you a wide variety of mixed media craft projects with easy-to-follow step-by-step and video tutorials, from an amazing international team of designers. We want to actively support the craft industry, and work closely with a team of pARTners in the industry.
We focus on education and learning, encouraging readers to experiment and develop their skills with step-by-step guidance and expert advice. Our magazine is created by crafters, for crafters, with an editor at the helm who is a lifelong craft enthusiast and practitioner.
About the editor
Katy Leitch is the founder and editor of Mixed Up and is an experienced crafter who especially loves stamping and mixed media. Her vision is to create a mixed media resource made by crafters for crafters which actively supports our industry. Mixed Up brings you in-depth tutorials that encourage you to learn and grow your skills. We hope a heartfelt love for art and craft shines through.
Katy was formerly editor of two monthly craft publications magazines so she has bags of editorial experience. She has also written articles for several well-know UK craft magazines.
What makes us different?
- We’re in it for love, not money.
- We actively support the craft industry with free and inexpensive advertising options and trend-led content.
- We have a totally open submissions policy. We encourage and nuture new talent and are open to submissions from anyone, from anywhere in the world. We want to showcase YOUR talent!
- Our content is interactive including links, video content and slideshows.
- We don’t have ‘filler’ content, just quality tutorials and interesting features.